Announcing: The Psychogenealogist This new site explores the spaces where psychology, genealogy, and history converge -…
Families are complex social structures with many moving emotional parts. Often an outside perspective is helpful in making sure those parts move together smoothly. While some conflict is normal in most families, chronic dysfunctional communication does not have to be the norm. I have been trained to work with all age groups to help each member of a family communicate openly about their feelings. Family therapy can increase understanding and empathy among family members and decrease emotionally painful and disruptive conflicts.
If you are interested in finding a trustworthy, neutral party who can help facilitate productive and encouraging family discussion then contact me today!
Here are a few of the family issues I often deal with:
- Improved communication
- Dealing with family member with serious drug/alcohol problems, or chronic illness
- Death of a family member
- Behavioral problems in children after a divorce
- Adoption issues
- Young adult children who are struggling to establish their independence
- Court ordered family therapy
- Co-parenting issues between divorced parents